Friday, September 13, 2013

Well... I'm Running a Half Marathon

It is official. I am registered for my first half marathon. I am unbelievably excited. I don't know why I waited so long. Actually, that's a lie. I waited so long because I was scared. For some reason I didn't think I had 13.1 miles in me. After running 9 miles with my running club last Saturday, I finally decided I could do it. I am officially registered for the Philadelphia Half Marathon.
philly marathon
I really am excited. A little over 2 years ago, I couldn't even run a mile without getting out of breath! Now, I will be running 13.1 miles! I have to say, my running club has been extremely motivating. They have really made me believe in myself and renewed my passion for running!

miss adventures in running


I am proud that I have stuck with my morning workouts now that school is in full swing. It hasn't been as hard as I thought. Audio books are pulling me through. Currently I am reading Wuthering Heights. I particularly enjoy the narrator's old English accents. They really add a lot to the story.


I am also enjoying the interesting people I see in the apartment complex gym that early in the morning. It is an interesting mix of business men, a women secretly running a personally training service, a man that runs in way too much clothing, and an eighty year old man. Today someone I have never met walked in and said, "We are all crazy for running at this hour!" It is almost too much entertainment to handle at 5:30 am. Then I think, I was missing all this before, while I was sleeping. The world had begun, and I was missing all the good stuff!


What races are you training for? Do you have any good stories from the gym?


signature


FFLfitness-friday-button1

10 comments:

  1. I'm so not a morning person. How is it possible to be at the gym at 5.30? I don't understand this :) great news on the half marathon entry, what date is it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting to be training for a first! Good luck and enjoy the run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working out that early has definitely taken some getting used, but I am always glad i did it! The half marathon is Nov. 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great Amy! Good luck and have fun!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I know November will be here before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My ultimate goal is to run a whole 5k by St. Patty's Day, but in the mean time I have a 5k to run/walk in November. I hope I'm like you and in a few years I can run like it's nothing to think twice about. Right now I can do about 5 minutes without stopping, but my favorite is Intervals. I can get about 10 good minutes of fast running if I start and stop vs. just trying to do 10 minutes at once. We shall see...I;m about half way through a 5k training program so hopefully by the end I can get through 5k without stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great start! I bet you will be able to run the 5k by St. Patty's Day. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really exciting! Philly is a good race to do. I am such a morning person and now that its part of my routine I don't feel like I am myself without getting a workout in each morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have definitely become a morning person. It has been a major transition, but has made me feel better overall.

    ReplyDelete