Sunday, August 18, 2013

First Post!

Welcome to my very first post! I am very excited to be creating this blog. I am hoping it will be a great way to keep me accountable for my running, and especially healthy eating. I am also hoping to meet some wonderful people along the way!

Let's start with introductions. I am a twenty-something who picked up running two years ago. It all started with a big misunderstanding! My older sister, who runs marathons and what-not, asked me to run a race with her. Not really thinking about it, I agreed. I figured, how much training do you really need to run a 5k? Well, apparently I'm not the greatest listener, because she actually said 5 miler! Well, I was away at my senior year of college and didn't really give the race a second thought. When the big race day finally came, I decided to just wing the run. By some sweet miracle, I actually ran the entire race. My knees were on fire, my lungs burned, and my sister asked me repeatedly if I was going to make it. My competitive nature pulled me through to the finish! I paid for my poor preparation the next day, and the day after, and the day after that, and maybe even more. I try to block that out of my memory. After that brutal wake-up call, I decided to get fit and actually train!

I started with the Couch to 5k Program. That thing is a miracle worker! I downloaded the app to my phone and went to work. Before I knew it, I was actually running three miles on a regular basis. From there I was hooked. Since then, I have run multiple 5ks, 5 milers, and even some 10ks. This October I am taking the leap and running my first 10 miler! I can barely believe it. I have started training and so far things are going pretty well.

I think that sums it up pretty well for the first post. Please leave a comment and tell me a little about yourself!

signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. That's the exact reason for me having a running blog myself. I've got "10 months to a new mom-me" while my daughter makes it through her first year of pre-school. 6 extra hours of free time while she's in school has now turned into an obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great to hear! Glad you have time to focus on your own health too!

    ReplyDelete